Monday, April 04, 2005

Musn't get discouraged....musn't! If I could somehow reach my utility belt...

All is well, I guess. My workout and diet program is now officially four weeks old. Results? Well, I still refuse to get on a scale, cause I know for a fact I have put on weight, and scales are evil devices besides. My first four weeks I did no cardio, and didn't watch my calories too much, though I did follow a diet eating specific foods. My main focus was strength training and putting on some mass. In this, I was pretty happy. I feel like I have added a lot of muscle. After just four weeks it is evevident in the mirror and when I work out. The negative has been the increase in my waist. Hopefully I will remedie that soon, as I now have added cardio into my workouts. Basically I do a straight hour of cardio every fourth day, and I have cut my calories down to around 1820 a day. After a few weeks, I will add more cardio to my routine and adjust my calories accordingly.

I do have to say that I almost can't even count week four. My workouts were good, and I made it to the gym almost every day, but week four also contained Easter, and three birthday parties! So, yeah I had a lot of crap to eat that I shouldn't have. Well, here's to week five and a new begining within a new begining.

Just for the record this is my training split.

Day 1 - Abs / Chest / Triceps /
Day 2- Shoulders / Back / Biceps
Day 3- Cardio / Abs
Day 4- LEGS
Start over.

6 comments:

White Salamander said...

Yeah...Easter took a big tole on the diet/workout regiments of most of us.

White Salamander said...

Yeah...Easter took a big tole on the diet/workout regiments of most of us.

Tracy said...

But you're still on track and that's what counts. Don't get discouraged, it can take anywhere from 6-8 weeks before you even remotely see a difference. The trick is to go by how you feel for a progress gauge.

Also, try to drink at least 64 ounces of water a day - you'll be surprised how that jumpstarts weight loss.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Wow...if you're only doing cardio every 4th day...is that really enough for effective weight loss...wishing I could ask you directly!

Brady said...

Keep reading. I get things figured out later. This was all trial and error. These days I do cardio almost every day if not every other day.