Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Keep on Truckn'

Well, I am on six straight day shifts now. This was day three....three more to go. So far I have had the chance to workout twice in the last three days. Not bad. More than I thought I'd get with the busy schedule at work. The chance for a workout tomorrow looks bleak. But, if I can get one in the day after that, I will be pretty pleased. Then back to some graveyard shifts, and daily workouts.

I am frustrated because I just don't seem to be making any headway in the way of fat loss, especially around my belly. In another week or so things are supposed to really slow down at work, and that should give me the opportunity to get more workouts in and settle into a routine of some kind. One thing I've decided is to cut back my carbs a tad. I think I may be getting a bit too many. So, instead of the chicken or tuna sandwich everyday, I will be cutting out the "bread" part of the sandwich, and just eating the meat with an apple for that meal. I've done it for the last three days, and haven't noticed any big defeciency in energy during my workout. Yet, I still wonder what kind of results I could achieve with a low low carb diet like the Atkins combined with heavy weight lifting. My curiosity is very peaked in this manner despite the warnings. I don't know. I still need to give this other program a decent shot before I discount it entirely.

On a seperate note, I got some cool new upgrades for my paintball gun. I own a Tippmann A-5. I recently got an Egrip, which allows me to fire the gun at full auto ( 18 rounds a second ), and a Flatline barrel, a patented barrel with a curve on it that actually puts a backspin on the paintball, giving it one hundred extra feet in range. There are a few more things I need to get, like a stock, and a chronograph. A chronograph is an insrument that measures the velocity of your paintball, so you can adjust your gun not to shoot too fast, or too slow.

If I could play paintball every day, I wouldn't need to worry about all this diet and excercise. Oh well. Keep on Truckn'

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is such a balance between proteins/carbs! I still haven't found the exact combination that will work for me. I've done low, low carb and got the same results you have...just so hard to maintain that lifestyle!

Brady said...

I have since learned that it's not about the amount of carbs as much as the right kind of carbs that matter. For example, carrots have carbs... eat all the carrots you want, you won't gain weight from them.