Sunday, April 24, 2005

The ups and the downs

I am writing this on the tail end of a stupendous week of good dieting and excercise. I was able to stick strictly to my diet for six days, and got in a pretty decent workout for each of those days, with the exception of one day, when a fellow security officer had to work a double shift and was trying to get some sleep in a room across from our workout area. Since I quite often find myself working out between 1am and 3am when on graveyards, I decided to show a little courtesy to this guy. I still worked out, but just some weight lifting. I was planning on some cardio, but figured this poor guy would be disturbed by the sound of someone plodding on a treadmill.

Anyway, that being said I am a little discouraged, because I don't know if I have noticed much change in my body, but it was only six days for crying out loud! You need more than that to make a change. The real discouragement comes from knowing that tomorrow I rotate to five "day shift" days of work, and I will be lucky if I get to workout more than twice in those five days. And working out after work is pretty much not an option with a fourteen hour work day. Sigh...

The good news is that in a week or so, things are supposed to slow down a bit at work and perhaps then I will have more consistent opportunities to get my workouts in. Then I can really put this new program into effect, instead of this dabbling.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I think that you've been making some excellent progress - you should be proud of sticking with this attitude as long as you have. A lot of people would have washed their hands of it by now, so way to go! Keep it up, and hopefully things slow down a bit for you!

Unknown said...

Kudos for your efforts! I think it's great you still kept trying! Gotta remember to do the same!