Saturday, May 09, 2009

Vision & Goals

First of all I have to congratulate myself on a loss of two more pounds this week. I weighed today and was stoked to see I am now at 223 lbs. I was at 230 lbs about three weeks ago. What I really need to do is get a pair of body fat calipers so I can start tracking my body fat % instead of just pounds lost. I lift a lot of weights and so actual loss measured in pounds might not be as signifigant.

But for now, here's a short term goal for me: Next Saturday I am down to 221 lbs. Two pounds a week is considered the maximum you want to lose every week Anything beyond that, you are in danger of losing lean muscle mass, and I don't want that!

Tom Venuto advises that we should put our goals in writing, and read through them often, as well as re-write them several times. It somehow solidifies our intent into the subconscious. So here's a little try for me.

VISION: My vision is that at forty years old (currently I'm thirty six) I am in the best shape of my adult life. I have been staying on the straight and narrow for years now and have figured out exactly how to maintain my optimum weight, health, and body fat. I am eating healthy, nutricious meals ninety percent of the time. My energy and activity levels are through the roof, and I am an example to my friends and family of what they can achieve and accomplish with the right amount of knowlege and motivation.

LONG TERM GOAL: For now my long term goal is: I need to come up with a date, but roughly in three to four months from now, I have lost thirty pounds of fat. I weigh somewhere in the area of two hundred to two hundred five pounds, the main thing being my body fat percentage is under fifteen percent. I am fitting into clothes I haven't been able to wear in years. I am still aggresively pursuing even a leaner fitter body, because I'd like to see my six pack at least once in this life. I feel great and look great too.


Ok, well there we go. I need to come up with some more specific stuff for that long term goal, like a date and body fat numbers and weight and stuff, but I think that's pretty good for now.

Today I worked chest and biceps. I really burned them up too! Good solid workout.

My theme for a while is: "If pain is weakness leaving the body, then hunger must be fatness leaving the body"

Over and out.

No comments: