Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Exercise Can Be Fun

This morning I went and played paintball with some of my friends for a few hours and had a super fun time. And talk about a workout! Lots of running, crawling, ducking, etc. I've been playing paintball now for about twenty years, so this wasn't like anything new to me, but I've never looked at it as a form of exercise. It was just something I did.

After today I thought to myself that I would be in great shape if I found a way to play paintball every day! And it wouldn't even be a task, or a chore. It'd just be plain ole' fun. I would just have to watch my calorie intake is all.

I think that's part of being fit and in shape. Not just spending time in the gym and counting calories, but living a more active lifestyle period. On top of working out and eating right, I could play paintball more often, maybe start up mountain biking again. Stuff like that.

Well, that's my thoughts for the day. Today is supposed to be my back workout, but I'm struggling coming up with the drive after playing paintball. Maybe later tonight. My weekly goal of losing two more pounds is quietly whispering to me in the back of my mind, "Don't skip your workout. . . .don't skip it."


Trust me you get plenty of exercise trying to avoid one of these welts!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OUCH!! :-)
I totally agree that exercise should be fun. I don't see how someone can stick with it if its not fun.
Right now I'm enjoying the gym, believe it or not. It's MY time - no kids, no housework, just me and my muscles, hanging out, you know?