Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Hmmmm....Go figure

This is strange. In my previous post, I lamented about not being able to lose weight even after a very dedicated week. I also mentioned that my discouragement led to four days of eating oblivion including raw cookie dough late at night on the couch.

The really strange thing is after all that, I weighed myself today, after two days back on the program, and I am down about three and half pounds! What the HECK?! I don't know what to make of it, but I will take what I can get. It's a mystery for sure. It goes to show that you can't rely so much on the scale. I should not have allowed myself to become so discouraged last week.

Today went good. I ran on the treadmill for twenty minutes before coming into work. It was a little tough since my hams are pretty sore from my all out sprint the other day to keep the job, but I did push through it, and it felt good.

As far as food goes, I have stumbled onto a culinary discovery that will make things nicer. When I bring food to work, I try to make it as easy and simple as possible. I love fish, but lately have been finding it harder and harder to gag down a can of tuna a day. Never fear! I found these great little pre cooked, sealed packets of marinated salmon steaks. These are absolutely delicious to me. tonight I had one with a portion of brown rice, and green beans. Bill Phillips would have burst his buttons with pride if he had seen my plate.

Well, that's it for today.

2 comments:

White Salamander said...

We print labels for a company called Pacific Seafood. They have a variety of vaccum sealed smoked salmon and cod. I know they can be found at Albertson's. We get them for free on occasion so I don't know how pricey they are.

Unknown said...

You must need to eat cookie dough until wee hours of the morn more often! :-) In all seriousness, I understand getting sick of the same food, day-in-and-out! I love the idea of the sealed smoked salmon and cod packets...What a great idea...I'm going to steal it!