Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I Think I Can...I Think I Can

I guess for this post, I’m blogging just for the sake of blogging. We got three inches of snow today. BAH! It’s supposed to be getting warmer. Spring is right around the corner...right? Anyway, there isn’t much to report in the paintball world, which is the main theme now of my blog. If the weather ever warms up, then perhaps I will become more active here.

Thanks to idahopaintball.com. I have learned of a tournament being held in Ontario, Oregon in May. There isn’t a whole lot of information available yet. All I know is it’s the first weekend of May, and is a four man team tactical scenario tourney of some kind. Sounds right up our alley. I’ll have to wait until more information is available. It would be a five hour drive, but we could stay at Ben’s ( team mate ) house in Boise to cut costs. Right now I’m thinking we could have Myself, Jon, Joe, and Ben as the team, and Rett whitesalamander. as an alternate, and moral, and logistical support. He could drive down from Portland for the event. We will have to wait and see how the details fan out. More later.

As far as my personal fitness gains go, I’ve been better sadly. At this point, I am on a text book Yo Yo diet. I will start up Atkins, and do it faithfully for a week, and lose three to five pounds, then go off the diet for a few days and destroy any progress. This has been going on now for a couple of months, and I am just about fed up with myself. I am on the verge of a major rebirth. I can feel the personal loathing building to a boiling point. I know I have it in me to do what I need to do to accomplish my goals. For now the plan is to use Atkins faithfully to get down to two hundred pounds. Once there, I will switch from Atkins to the Body For Life program by Bill Phillips. I will use healthy diet, and plenty of activity and exercise to maintain a weight under two hundred. Every few weeks, I will switch back to an Atkins type diet to try to lose a few more pounds. Hopefully after a while, I can be closer to one ninety by doing this.

Part of that plan is to make myself more accountable for my failures as I blogged about before. For now on, I will be recording in this blog my fitness ups and downs as often as possible. At least once a week, I will make a report including times worked out, what work outs consisted of, diet, and current weight. I figure it will help keep me in line knowing that I have to post the results on the internet for all the world to see.

So here goes the first entry:

As of now my weight is 215 lbs. I lifted weights yesterday. chest and triceps. No cardio. I am pretty sore today, so that’s good. Benched more than usual. Which is weird, cause it’s been a couple of weeks since I’ve lifted. Today, I worked a long shift, and didn’t get the chance to workout. I followed a strict Atkins diet all day, which I destroyed by eating pizza, a donut, and some candy when I got home. Tomorrow is a new day. NO CHEATING! and I will workout. There’s no excuse not to.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow...I wonder how the Ontario tourney went! I bet you all had a great time! As far as the diet goes...I think it's great you still tried! Sure there are ebb and flow times but I think that's normal. At least you had a plan!