Tuesday, February 28, 2006

HItting The Wall

210 lbs! For the second week in a row! I'm kinda bummed. 210 seems to be my wall lately. I can't seem to drop below that number anymore. A couple of years ago, I was able to get down to 195. Now I can't seem to get past 210! I know however, that I havn't been as diligent this time around as I was last time. Last time there was no cheating whatsover! Not even little sugar-free candies. I guess I can't complain too much. I did cheat three of the last six days or so. Actually, maybe 210 is good news. I cheated quite a bit, and didn't gain any weight. On top of that, I didn't get the chance to work out as often as I wanted at work. Only two workouts out of five days. So, maybe being able to sit back and say that I had a crappy week, and was still able to maintain my weight is a good thing. I guess I'm just tired of getting stopped at 210. The difference is, is that usually at this point, I would yo yo back up to 215, and then start the cycle over again. NOT THIS TIME! I won't give into dispair this week! I will stay with the diet this week, and I will workout when I can.

The workouts are going to be the hard part. I will be spending a lot of time assigned to a post this next set of work days that won't give me a chance to workout. You have to understand. I work a twelve hour shift combined with an hour and a half commute each way. I leave the door at 5 Am / PM and don't get home until 8:30 AM / PM Not really a chance to workout after work. But, maybe I can get in some quick ten min. runs or something on the treadmill. Bottom line, I plan to be under 210 next week. I'm going to attack this.

I'm glad I sat down to post on my blog. Before I sat down to write, the left-over pizza, and rasberry filled donuts were calling my name without mercy. Now I feel a boost of strength to resist those calls.

No paintball news this week. The weather is warming up. Much of the snow is melted. The temps were in the mid 40s this week. Right now it's pouring and the wind is blowing. The ground is a soggy mud pit. But, you can tell warmer weather is around the corner. Hopefully I will be posting some paintball related stuff soon. That's it for this week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just think it's admirable that you didn't gain! You're work hours are grueling! I hope you have a lot of lovely things to listen to or read on that bus ride! You definitley could get in some Tolkien-Time, for sure!