Saturday, January 21, 2006

Every dog has his day. . .FINALLY!


Image hosting by Photobucket


You are looking at Costello, the Alaskan Malamute who has taken best in show for the 2006 AKC Eukanuba dog show. What a specimen! I mean look at the neck, head, chest, and massive paws of this stud. This is no small honor for the behemoth dog. He took home near $80,000 in awards and prizes. He is the first dog in the history of the show to take home ALL the top honors single "pawed" And not only did he take best in show, but he also resoundingly won the viewer's choice award too! Incredible.

Why am I making such a big deal about this? I am a big dog lover. Currently I have three of them mooching their existence off of me, including. . .yep you guessed it; an Alaskan Malamute.


Image hosting by Photobucket


This is Kodiak. Sorry about the photo, I pulled it off of a low res video, and he was moving, so it's a bit blurry. He's eight years old, and one hundred and sixty pounds of teddy bearish, snuggling, fur-shedding, affection. This is a great breed, despite the wolfish appearance. Very loving gentle giants, who can get serious if the situation calls for it.

Anyway, cheers for Costello! I have been waiting for a Malamute to win for a long time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

For little dogs, I think the Papillon is the most beautiful...we have one!

But, WOW...these Alaskan Malamute's are beautiful canine specimens! Their eyes pierce you to the soul! If I were a dog...I'd be a Malamute!