Sunday, June 12, 2005

Blogging myself out of the blogosphere

I have to laugh. When I began writing this blog, my original intent was to get on here daily, or at least weekly and jot down the daily wanderings of my mind. I never expected my blog to recieve any comments from others. Once others began commenting on my blog, I suddently felt a burden of responsibility to come up with profound, and thought-provoking topics to write about. I puzzled all day long, "what to write?...what to write?" Sometimes I was albe to scrape up something from the daily headlines. Other times, I would dig into my brain and just toss out a personal belief I hold, that might be slightly controversial. Unitl I just realized why I haven't written anything for over a week now, and the thought was like a chore in my brain. " need to blog about something....but what?" Somewhat similar to " I really need to start getting back into the gym."

Well today's blog is to remind myself why I started this in the first place. #1 I enjoy writing, and welcome the opportunity to have others be able to comment on my rantings. #2 I like the opportunity to meet all kinds of different people with different lives through this blog. What an adventure.

Well, back to it. For now on I will write in my blog without being so dang conscience of what others are going to think when they read my post. I still love the comments and hope they continue, but my blog won't be dominated by trying to attract comments, or satisfy those who may be reading anymore. Back to doing it for myself.

Whew! I feel better already. Can't wait until my next post.

4 comments:

sandy said...

Good for you. Someone once said that the blog is yours. I think that means, write what you want and don't worry about it. I dont even worry about correct spelling. There's usually someone who will correct it for me if it's important for context. If you have run across some of the blogs I have, then you know there's enough profound and weird (I think) blogs already. Just be yourself. Some will like it and some will not.

Kermit said...

Cool - and welcome to the club.

Too many weighty thoughts have a tendency to make me sink headfirst into the ooze. Hey, I write a Blog from the Bog. I have trouble typing in an upside down position and and touch typing with web feet is nearly impossible.

So do something fun. Put up a copy of your latest MRI. I did.

Peace and all good,

Kermit the Big Green

PS - time is fun when you're having flies.

PPS - Maybe i should keep my day job!

PPPS - Sandy is right and could have taken over for 'Dear Abby'. Enjoy!

Tracy said...

COOL! Your blog has been especially interesting ever since I started reading it, glad that the pressure you've encountered is gone. The best writing is never forced ;)

Unknown said...

A great reminder of why I should continue writing!