Thursday, June 16, 2005

The weather is driving me mad

I can't believe the weather around here this spring. We are technically in a drought here in south eastern Idaho for the past seven years or so, but this spring you wouldn't know it. Last month we got four times our average precipitation! Although I am happy to see everything so nice and green, and it's been nice to not have to water the lawn, the rain sure is interfering with my paintballing. The cycle of stormy weather has been perfectly coinciding with my days off! While I'm working we have pretty decent weather- low eighties to mid seventies - but, by the time I get off for a few days, the temperatures drop into the mid fifties and it starts raining and blowing. Back in my youth, we still played no matter what. Maybe I just need to toughen up.

Ok, so this week is the week to hopefully kick off and restart a workout habbit, even though I am leaving town for a couple of days. We shall see how that goes. Just for kicks I started back on the Atkins diet a month ago to hopefully jump-start some wieght loss. I haven't been overly strict, and have cheated quite a bit. To my dismay my wieght loss hasn't been as dramatic as I experienced the first time on Atkins. Two reasons I can think of. #1 I am twenty pounds lighter now than I was the first time I started it. I think that the more you need to lose the faster it comes off at first. And #2 the first time I did it I was extremely strict, and this time I haven't been near as strict. I am on the verge of tossing in the towel and just going on a calorie watch, and increase my physical activity. I guess I have about two weeks worth of grilled hamburger patties still in the fridge I need to eat. So, we'll see where I'm at then.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh, I know you've had success but I have to say it. Atkins is the devil. It throws your body into craziness when you go back to eating normally and nearly everyone I know who has ever done it has gained the weight back and then some. It's a much better thing to just cut back on the carbs instead of cutting them totally - but best of luck. You have the drive so I'm sure you'll be successful in you goals!

Kermit said...

You think Adkins is bad...

I owe my insanity to a steady diet of flies here in the bog!

Kermit the Green

PS - time is fun when you're having flies.

Unknown said...

...ketosis, so hard not to feel the absence of carbs! It's a love-hate relationship for me too!