Saturday, February 19, 2005

NO WONDER THEY COULDN'T GET OFF THE ISLAND

I was just sitting here at work guarding stuff, and thought to myself, "That'd be cool if they gave us hammocks at our guard posts". The thought of hammocks made me remember the TV show, Gilligan's Island. Remeber how Gilligan and Skipper shared a hut? I rember you couldn't have an episode without Gilligan falling out of his hammock and landing on the sleeping Skipper below at least once. It made for great hilarity. But, I just thought and had to note this down: The hut was basically empty except for the two hammocks, Gilligan's on top and Skipper's on the bottom, like a bunkbed, if you will. The question that arose moments ago was; WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST PUT THE STUPID HAMMOCKS SIDE BY SIDE? Even a more disturbing question is: WHY DIDN'T I HAVE THAT QUESTION 20 YEARS AGO WHILE WATCHING THE SHOW! That's it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A similar question could be..."if Mr. Brady, from the Brady bunch, was such an amazing architect...why didn't he design a house with more bedrooms and bathrooms?" I still loved both sitcoms...logic never really entered my mind while watching them!