Saturday, April 07, 2007

First Paintball Day of The Year

Well, I got my first paintballing in for the year. I played on a six acre forested field with about six of us. Not a huge turnout, but it was a lot of fun nonetheless.

I did pretty good actually. I was quite pleased. I had a total of about seven eliminations, with myself only getting eliminated about three times. Not a bad ratio. I ditched my Flatline barrel and went back to playing with my old Armson, and was very happy with the results. I kinda feel like my old self is back....the old self that oppenents needed to be wary of.

At one point in the game I actually flanked a guy from behind so bad that I ended up too close to shoot him, so called out for him to surrender, which he was more than happy to do. There was another memorable moment when it was two guys vs me and both were moving for me. I was able to eliminate them both as they moved up on me. That was pretty fun.

The field is called Fast Eddy's in Blackfoot, Idaho. I almost didn't go because I'm generally a little shy and felt apprehensive about just showing up by myself and playing with a bunch of guys I didn't know. Amazingly, I got there and actually knew a few people including the owner, who I have played paintball with once before when we just happened to meet up playing outlaw one day. Plus, I made contact with two other players from my home town that were interested in getting together. So, two fresh recruits! That's just what we need.

Well, hopefully there will be more paintball games to report as the summer goes on. Not just his one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you got one in that April...and April is fast approaching! One question I'm not sure how you'll answer..."Are you ready for paintball?" :-)