Thursday, March 06, 2014

One Big Update...

Okay, so it's been four years since I posted to this blog and it's high time I wrote and update with what's going on with my life, although I'm sure that most of my faithful readers have melted away into cyberspace to never be heard from again.

I'm going to put the blame on Facebook for my lack of blogging.  Facebook for a time seemed a sufficient medium to connect and to share my thoughts, but recently upon revisiting some of my old posts on this blog, I have come to realize that Facebook just doesn't quite fill certain gaps.  It doesn't really matter to me if I'm not reaching a bunch of readers out there.  If nothing else, this blog kind of serves as a journal (even though I happen to keep a handwritten journal as well.)

So, the latest:

Still living in the same house with the same number of kids (4) but they sure are growing up right before my eyes.  I'm still doing the same job, Security for The Department of Energy at a nuclear facility.  Still loving the job and loving life.

I have gone through almost a soap opera weight loss experience over the last nine months.  Last January, I turned 41 years old and vowed that during that year, I would really take my weight loss farther than ever before.  I started going nuts in June, and by the end of August finally achieved a HUGE milestone of getting under 200 lbs!  I haven't been under 200 lbs since I got married pretty much back in 1997.  I felt great and was really proud of how I was starting to look.  I was eyeballing that next 10 lbs that would pretty much accomplish my long term goal once and for all... and that's when disaster struck.

To make what could be a long story short, in mid October my truck got a flat tire on the side of the road.  While I was attempting to change the tire, the truck rolled off of the jack and my left pinkie ended up getting caught between the jack and the bumper of the truck.  This resulted in me losing about a quarter inch off of my finger, and a good 10 weeks recovering.  During this recovery time, my finger and hand were bandaged up and I was not allowed much activity as moisture, like sweat, would cause problems.  Therefore I did NOTHING and ate EVERYTHING for 10 weeks or so.  I gained 25 lbs and now here I sit, not quite at square one, but it feels like it.

Now that I'm about through feeling sorry for myself and being angry at myself, I am at a point where it's time for a repeat of last summer.  I want to feel that way again!  To look down and see the veins in my forearms popping at the surface of my skin, and my clothes getting so loose I was about to break down and go buy new clothes.

So, with that... Here I go again.  Over and out. 


Anonymous said...

So glad you are okay! As with everything you will ROCK this!

Anonymous said...

...patiently "waite-ing" to read the detailed blog about your accident!

Vvajk said...

That post is coming soon, I promise. It is all written, I am just getting some pictures together to put with it.

Anonymous said...

It's "Bad Karma" not to be able to comment about "Playing With The Big Dogs!"

Vvajk said...

Comments have been enabled on Playing With The Big Dogs.
Still getting used to posting again.